Finance Controller at AgroStar
Pune, IN / Maharashtra, IN
The Finance Controller would be a strong leader responsible to provide functional and strategic direction to the Finance, Accounting, Budgeting, Taxation, MIS, Legal and Compliance functions of the company.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Provide leadership to the overall finance function, ensuring that the function is properly organized, mentored, staffed, developed and motivated.
- Lead and drive all aspects of effective financial management for the company, and optimizing the use of capital.
- Responsible for a full array of finance and accounts function including accounting, MIS, Budgeting, compliance, maintaining internal controls, working capital management, financial planning & analysis.
- Implement budgets across functions and ensure budgetary controls.
- Put in place and deliver a robust MIS reporting system required for external and internal stakeholders.
- Build and enhance credibility of the company by directing the timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports, financial trends and dissemination of financial data to appropriate channels.
- Ensure that all regulatory reporting and compliance obligations are met in a timely manner.
- Play a key role in building and strengthening the working relationship with regulators, bankers and auditors.
- Enable management in cost optimisation and cost control initiatives.
- Advice the management on the financial implications and risks related to key issues and important strategic decisions; keep them posted, on a timely basis, regarding ongoing financial condition of the organization.
- Proactively partner with the executive leadership to create and execute a business strategy that achieves the organizations business and financial goals and participating in all key business decisions.
- Ability to lead, motivate and direct cross-functional teams to achieve results.
- Ability to analyze and translate financial data and concepts to individuals at all levels including finance and non-finance managers.
- Ability to think ahead.
- Strong business acumen.
- Ability to analyze, interpret problems and provide resolutions at both strategic and tactical level.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities, people and departments.
- Strong customer orientation.
- Work requires professional written / verbal communication skills and strong interpersonal skills with experience in effectively communicating key data, including presentations to senior management and company leaders.
- Commitment to recruiting, mentoring, training and retaining a diverse team; the foresight and ability to delegate accordingly.
- Ability to motivate teams to produce accurate output and simultaneously manage several projects
Prerequisites – 10-12 Years of Experience.
Required Qualification: - Chartered Accountant
Additional Qualification: MBA Finance / CFA / Company Secretary