Head - Operations - Online Rental Service at Rentomojo
We are looking for someone who can own the entire operation and drive the operation team
The Head, Operations is an extraordinarily complex leadership role, requiring an executive to balance flawless daily execution with the long-term development of a team. The role requires a detailed understanding and ability to balance every operational component of the organization. This includes process technology to process improvement. A successful executive will be able to provide strong vision and direction for the team while fostering bottoms up input and participation in process improvement from all levels of the organization.
This role will serve as the face of the organization to the employees across India. The Head Operations will manage multiple facilities, with 20 to 100 employees.
Basic Qualifications: Key Strategic Objectives The ideal candidate is a strong business builder who knows how to structure and develop organizations to accommodate growth rates for next few years.
In addition to above, this leader will have superb communications skills and the highest level of integrity and intellectual honesty. He or she will be gifted at inspiring confidence both in the teams he/she directly manages and across the organization.
This implies an ability to simplify complex concepts, to bring clarity to ambiguous situations, and be a deft problem solver. This leader will have exceptional strength in both day-to-day operations and business strategy. Infused in both areas will be an innate customer intuition and focus that serves as the basis for all business decisions. This will be obvious from the candidate's passion for the benefits of continually driving operational excellence. This leader will dive into the details easily and prefers to have a detailed knowledge of their organization, how it operates and where it is succeeding and failing. The leader will use this detailed knowledge to ensure that their strategies are being fulfilled at the deepest levels of the organization.
Have clear goals for safety, customer experience and productivity and will be expected to determine how to manage and achieve these goals without close supervision or corporate involvement.
- Engage all levels of the organization to reduce waste from operations processes employing Lean practices across the network.
- Oversee product flow and implement new processes as required in order to improve efficiency and to support growth in new product lines
- Support the scalable growth of the company by developing and enabling the success of the Operations leadership team.
- Actively seek to implement and distribute best practices across the Fulfillment Center Network.
- Be responsible for ensuring we have the process and people that are needed to keep up with our rapid and continued growth. He will be a key driver to the help deliver growth for Rentomojo.
- Champion operational excellence & strong problem solving mindset approach with a metrics-driven focus on frugality without sacrificing safety or customer satisfaction
- Ensure that we have the leadership team in place to hand our large growth and scale.
- Deliver a track record of safety, quality and customer experience and process improvement initiatives
- Develop and drive the quality of individual standard work to ensure critical quality and safety steps are being followed at every point of the fulfillment process
- Knowledge of warehouse management systems.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field, MS and/or MBA
- Minimum 8+ years of Experience
- Entrepreneurial mindset. Hungry to grow and make a mark.
- Exhibits excellent judgment
- Has relentlessly high standards
- Thinks strategically, but stays on top of tactical execution
- Deals well in ambiguous environments