Art Director at PlaySimple
We are looking for an Art Director who can push the boundaries of creative excellence and ensure the delivery of required results. The Art Director is responsible for establishing and driving the visual art direction for the team. He is the key person during the game development process, overseeing any high-level decisions that affect how the game plays, looks or sounds.
· Direct internal teams towards the visual goals.
· Being responsible for the overall look and feel of the game
· Overseeing any high-level decisions that affect how the game plays, looks or sounds
· Ensuring the quality and style of the gameplay, artwork, music and audio assets
· Creating the original game concept and characters, and making sure that the finished game fulfills the initial goals.
· Working closely with the Lead Programmers, Artists and Designers to ensure all the code and art assets produced, as well as playable versions of the game, are of a sufficiently high quality.
· Manage expectations related to art over the lifecycle of the project
· Provide leadership and act as an advisor to help resolve complex design and technical challenges
· Manage deliverables to supplement internal art resources.
· Set up and oversee art creation pipelines
· Work independently on major design initiatives.
· Interaction with different teams and internal stakeholders on regular basis and escalate risks/issues in a timely manner.
What we’re looking for
· An in-depth and impressive concept art portfolio showcasing a broad range of skills (environment, characters, etc.)
· An overall experience of 7+ years in the gaming industry
· At least 1 year of experience in the role of an Art Director (AAA or AA games industry experience preferred)
· Graduation in an art-related field
· Have a passion for games
· Possess excellent imagination, creativity and problem-solving skills
· Strong technical and communication skills
· Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, 3D Studio Max (or equivalents).
· Knowledge of asset management best practices