Manager - Finance at IDG Ventures India
IDG Ventures India is a leading India-focused technology venture capital fund. The fund is part of IDG Ventures, a global network of technology venture funds with more than US$4 billion under management, over 200 investee companies and 10 offices across Asia and North America.
The fund's lead investor and sponsor is the International Data Group (IDG), the world's largest IT media company. By combining the IDG platform - an unparalleled combination of global technology publishing, market research (IDC), and conferences/exhibition resources - with years of hands-on experience in company building, IDG Ventures India helps its investee companies understand their markets better and penetrate them faster than their competition.
What IDG looks for?
We look to invest in high potential technology and technology enabled businesses with the
Strong leadership and management teams
Potential to become disruptive category leaders
Capital-efficient business models
Targeting rapidly growing domestic or global market segments
How and where we invest?
We typically look to invest between $0.5 Mn to $10 Mn at seed, early and expansion stages in
technology and technology enabled ventures.
Our target sectors include:
Consumer media & tech
What differentiates us?
The opportunity for venture capitalists to actively support technology companies in India is substantial. Our differentiated value add is the ability to harness the power of the IDG Platform, the US and Asia network of IDG Ventures and the collective operating and investing experience of the India Team to support entrepreneurs in building category-leading companies both on a domestic and global basis
Title : Manager - Finance
Reports to : Deputy CFO/ Sr. Financial Controller
Location : Bangalore
The position reports to the Deputy CFO and the Sr. Financial Controller and will be responsible
for IDGVI’s financial and fiscal management aspects, assisting in the administrative, fund
management, accounting and budgeting efforts. He will also be responsible to work with the
finance team in strengthening the controls and procedures within the operational and financial
framework to support the growth of the Fund. The main responsibities include
1. Accounting and management - Partnering with the finance team at IDGVI in
management of accounting and audits of offshore and domestic funds, managers and
2. Investor Reporting – Assisting the deputy CFO / Sr. Financial Controller in delivering
accurate numbers and financial reporting on a quarterly basis especially post acquisition
and during the exit readiness phase.
3. Valuations – Working with the finance team, independent valuers and auditors in the
quarterly and annual valuations of portfolio investments of the funds.
4. Structuring of investments: Working with the Deputy CFO/ Sr. Financial Controller,
legal and tax advisors in structuring investments to achieve tax efficiency and in
compliance with applicable regulations.
5. Statutory reporting: Managing the statutory reporting for the funds, managers and
advisory entities onshore (SEBI, RBI, Income tax) as well as offshore (Mauritius, US)
6. Setting up watertight set of processes, controls and systems – IDGVI would need a
lot of accurate data and analysis post investment to know how the portfolio companies
are performing. Instilling financial discipline in operational decisions will be a top priority.
7. Stakeholder Management – The incumbent has to work with various stakeholders
namely – Banks, administrators, trustees, auditors and the Deal Team
Desired Skills, Experience and Competencies
1. C.A with minimum 4~5 years’ experience in accounts or finance function with.
Experience of working in PE/VC Firms or Big 4 Consulting Firms in advisory role will be
2. Excellent knowledge of financial statements, operational metrics, accounting, taxation,
corporate laws etc.
3. Working knowledge of fund management, SEBI and FDI norms
4. High on integrity and ownership driven
5. Highly motivated, hardworking and self-driven
6. Analytical and detail oriented